Friday, November 6, 2009

Small Referential Print

This is a small print that will refer to a large composition I have yet to get out. It is quite a western-centric way of visualizing, but I see this as my mental image of Rumi. The print is a pronto-plate litho, and the image came from one of my Life World Library books. The photo is actually of a follower of the Druse sect, a group in present day Israel I had never heard of. According to the captions in the Life World Book, they fought for Israeli independence. I can't think of any way to express the rest other than directly quoting the caption: "The Druses, who broke away from islam in the 11th Century, are forbidden to disclose their religious beliefs."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love old things, and I need interesting stuff to look at.